Who We Are
The Pediatric IOCDF Committee was formed in 2010 and is focused on the specific needs of OCD-affected children and youth, and their family members.
- Articles in this website were written by committee members, who are clinical and research experts in childhood OCD.
- This website aims to provide information and to answer common questions asked by youth and their parents, treatment providers and teachers.
- We welcome feedback and ideas to improve this website.”
The International OCD Foundation
Founded by a group of people with OCD in 1986, the International OCD Foundation (IOCDF) is an international not-for-profit organization made up of people with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) and related disorders, as well as their families, friends, professionals and others. The mission and goals of the IOCDF are to:
- Educate the public and professionals about OCD in order to raise awareness and improve the quality of treatment provided;
- Support research into the cause of, and effective treatments for, OCD and related disorders;
- Improve access to resources for those with OCD and their families;
- Advocate and lobby for the OCD community.